Financial Fresh Start
Your Five Step Plan for Adapting and Prospering in the New Economy
With a Look at How to Benefit From New Economic Reforms Including The Dodd Frank Act, The Making Home Affordable Act and More
By Shari Olefson – Finance/Real Estate Expert and Attorney Mediator
A Regular Guest on CNN, CNBC, PBS, CBS, FOX, and More
“…a refreshingly simple rundown of how we got into our current economic situation….and a much needed primer on the complex economic landscape.” – Publishers Weekly
The bailout wasn’t just for bankers. Hundreds of new laws, reforms, and regulations enacted in the wake of the financial crisis offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for EVERYONE to get a fresh start and put their financial house in order. For those in the know, benefits can be derived from reforms such as the Dodd-Frank Act, the Making Home Affordable Program, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and more. Unfortunately, many consumers don’t know where to start when navigating the changing economic landscape, or how to rise to its new challenges.
In the new book FINANCIAL FRESH START: Your Five Step Plan For Adapting and Prospering In The New Economy, (AMACOM Publishing, February 19th, 2013), legal, financial, and real estate expert Shari Olefson simplifies it all, so that the average American can take back the power of their own finances. The first book to spell out how everyday people can take advantage of the life-changing rules and reforms in the finance and housing sectors, Olefson tackles everything including mortgages, foreclosures, student loans, investments, credit, depleted nest eggs, and more. With a new economy littered with casualties – 11 million homes are underwater, 60 million people have destroyed their credit, and 12 million are unemployed – countless people can benefit from the important information and advice Shari has to offer.
Getting A Car Loan: Get financing from a bank, not the auto center which are profit mills for car companies.
2. Obtaining A Small Business Loan: How to find the right banks, build great relationships, and look good on paper.
3. Credit Card Changes: New rules on late fees, easier to read bills, overdraft fee opt-ins, and more.
4. Life After Bankruptcy: Clarifying the 2005 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act, and dispelling myths about bankruptcy.
5. Real Estate: Knowing when it is a good time to buy, and real estate rules of thumb like rent-to-own ratios and home value patterns.
Shari and the book also help answer questions, such as:
1. How can you repair your credit quickly and avoid high finance costs?
2. What are the safest places and vehicles for saving and investing?
3. Can you legally avoid repaying what you owe?
4. Will your home ever be worth what you paid for it?
5. Is there life after foreclosure?
Starting with the big picture, FINANCIAL FRESH START succinctly explains what the heck happened in America, and around the world, to provoke a meltdown in financial markets, banking, real estate, and the economy. It introduces the new rules and reforms in a user-friendly manner, and offers lessons on what they mean and how to take advantage of them. With cheat sheets on common finance terms, helpful tools and real life stories of success and failure, FINANCIAL FRESH START gives us the vital knowledge so many Americans are seeking to reclaim their lives, their dignity, and their faith in America.
About The Author:
SHARI OLEFSON is an Attorney-Mediator with degrees in real estate, finance, and psychology. A trusted journalist, news commentator, and speaker, she is frequently quoted in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and USA Today, and appears weekly on CNN, CNBC, Fox, PBS, MSNBC, and CBS. She lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.